We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION
This is a mid-level position responsible for direct procurement transactions in North America predominantly US. The incumbent closely cooperates with the Buyers for the given project.
The incumbent has some working knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and its integration with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Exists within our Global Business Services Procurement organization and reports to the Procurement Operations Manager
- Is responsible for procurement and sourcing activities for client’s projects
- Reviews and negotiates international contracts
- Administers purchase orders, including change order processing (creating modifications), and contractual compliance.
- Maintains purchase order and purchasing process documentation
- Evaluates facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determines the most appropriate remedial actions, and implements such actions through available means
- Reviews PO-related invoices and ensures that invoices are approved in accordance with terms and conditions agreed within the procurement agreement
- Advises to stakeholders how to create requisitions in Oracle and helps them in understanding the overall Procurement process
- Uses superior interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with stakeholders, Buyers, Procurement Specialists, and functional partners at all levels of the organization
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- High School or Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience in Procurement desired, preferably in direct procurement.
- Some experience in understanding, negotiating and where needed drafting commercial supplier contracts, preferable in an international environment
- Strong attention to detail coupled with strong analytical capabilities
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Other languages may be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise procurement systems (Oracle, Ariba) are an asset
- Available to work late shifts. The shifts will be 12 pm – 8 pm local Krakow time, working days Monday to Friday.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.