Thomson Reuters (TR) provides intelligent information and solutions for law firms, corporations, government agencies, tax professionals, news, and academic institutions. The Contracts Analyst position sits within Customers and Commercials, within the TR Legal Function. The Contracts Analyst will serve as a hands-on customer contracts negotiator, leading negotiations with Thomson Reuters customers. Day to day duties include customer contract drafting and negotiation and providing timely advice regarding risk management and compliance to business stakeholders. The position provides contracts support to all levels of personnel, with emphasis on the sales team. The Contracts Analyst will draft, negotiate, and approve customer contracts for the purchase of print, data, software, hosted services, and technology products.
About the role:
In this opportunity as Contract Analyst you will:
- Review and respond to requests for customer modifications to contracts for TR products
- Negotiate directly with external customers from all market segments
- Negotiate and support Master Services Agreements and other contracts
- Review terms and conditions for Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, as well as other informal bidding opportunities for government customers
- Utilize multiple applications for contract generation and review of requested exceptions and contract modifications
- Provide guidance in the resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Provide contracting support to sales professionals
- Become thoroughly familiar with TR customer contracts, products, pricing models and systems.
- Draft contracts addenda and templates as needed
You're fit for the role of Contract Analyst if you:
- Have 2-5 years’ experience of structuring, drafting, analyzing, and negotiating a wide range of sales contracts, including content, software and service agreements, master agreements, NDAs, SaaS agreements, and Service Level Agreements. Related experience in a content, software and/or technology environment will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Word and Microsoft Teams
- Demonstrated internal and external negotiation skills.
- Experience working with and advising a sales organization.
- Exceptional ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external business customers and executive level management.
- Contract administration and compliance experience.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consistently performs at high levels on contract negotiations with minimal supervision.
- Works well as a team member and able to build trust and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully balance the interests of the customer with maintaining a good legal and fiscal position for the company.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services a plus
What's in it for You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.